Michael D'Eredita, PhD, is an executive coach. His role is like that of a coach within an athletic arena: He helps you to perform at your highest level when it’s game-time. Winning in the competitive arena of sport requires one to optimally balance social, physical, technical and mental elements. Impact within a rapidly evolving marketplace is achieved by balancing business acumen, technical expertise and behavioral awareness of both yourself and your team.
Together, you will identify your goals, your pathway to success and start your journey. In time, you will reach a threshold that every leader and high performing unit must cross: the moment when words become a reality and you feel—in the pit of your stomach(s)—the magnitude of the challenge you have taken on. What is my why element? How does it align with this effort? Do I truly need to do this? Can I do this? Should I cross this threshold?
The mythological hero, setting forth from his or her commonday hut or castle, is lured, carried away, or else voluntarily proceeds, to the threshold of adventure.
Michael will help you to cross this threshold (or not!) with open eyes. In the process, you will learn how to:
- become more self-aware
- get out of both your own and others’ way
- increase signal and reduce workplace noise
- define what you both are and are not capable of
- define your potential
- meaningfully lead
For Michael, results are paramount. His skill is in being able to meet you where you are and then coach you in terms that are meaningful to both you and your organization. His approach is informed by research in the area of human cognition and shaped by his experience as a business founder and international rowing coach.
Michael has coached the sport of rowing for over 2 decades and brings a perspective that is as deep as it is eclectic. His experiences range from that of a business founder, to international rowing coach, to inventor, to academic. He is:
- a Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology (with a background in Physics). Cognitive Psychology addresses “brain” and “mind” stuff: how and why you experience, think, perform, emote, create and collaborate.
- an Assistant Professor at the iSchool at Syracuse University where his research centers on high performers, high performance teaming and information technology at both the individual and social level.
- an international rowing coach who has helped a number of athletes from countries such as Finland and Portugal find their way to the podium.
- Co-founder and President of D'Eredita D'sign and D’velopment, Ltd.
- Co-founder and General Manager of Veda Sport, LLC.
- addicted to the challenge of helping to optimize talent, collective or otherwise.
- often spotted in cafes (and diners) regardless of the city or country.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.